Monday, April 28, 2008

Dear W

I didn't sleep with you because I thought it was my only chance. I wasn't taking advantage of a one time opportunity. I didn't think that you were going to hate me in the morning. I didn't know a fuck was all you wanted. I wasn't pretending you were mine, purposefully deluding myself for one night with you.

I loved you. I loved you that night, the nights before, and painfully the nights after. I watched you from afar, but it was pretty obvious where I stood. While I knew you weren't in love with me, I thought you were giving me a chance. I thought things were going to change. I truly thought that you could (and were going to try to) love me too.

But I was wrong on so many levels. I've never regretted loving anybody before, and it's not because the love wasn't returned; it's because you treated me so badly for it.

Always,
A

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please don't regret loving, because there's not enough of it in this world.
Instead, learn, and chalk it up to one more experience that makes you a better person for it =)

and please never, ever decide to give up love in any form

Dear Robot

Next month will be two years since I left you. Two years since that day I called you and told you that I would not be coming back home to ...