Monday, November 26, 2007

Mom

I miss you sometimes. Every once in a while I get an urge to call you.
Sometimes the little girl in me surfaces and I wish I could talk to
you. But those moments pass, and they're fewer and far between now. So
go on and live your life, alone in that big house with nothing to do
and no daughter to talk to. I hope you're sitting around, waiting for
me to call like I think you are. I hope you're expecting me to give in
like I always do. But that call will never come, because I've finally
come to a realization: I'm stronger without you. Bet you never thought
you'd hear that, huh?


Sincerely,
Your Not-So-Loving Daughter

Dear Robot

Next month will be two years since I left you. Two years since that day I called you and told you that I would not be coming back home to ...